Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

It's my birthday (and my mom's)!  In honor, I've decided to share some of my favorite books with you.


 The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas


This is one of the few classic books that I have read.  It is a difficult read but totally worth it.  Very much about human relationships and politics which is always relevant.
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton


This book just blows my mind - you wouldn't think that it would be such a beautiful read but it is.  I might be bias because dinosaurs have always fascinated me. 
 The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale


The Goose Girl fairytale has been a favorite of mine since I won The Blue Fairy Book for my birthday from the library!  My love for fairytale retellings was born after reading this book!  Shannon Hale does such a wonderful job keeping the elements of the original tale and working them into a unique story that can stand on its own.
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen


Sarah Addison Allen is my favorite author.  This is the first book of hers that I read and might be my favorite.  So beautiful and magic and relatable.  I just love it! 
 White Rebel Rose by Janet Paisley


Another favorite read is historical fictions that put the women back in history.  This is based on real events and it is just brilliantly written.  A wonderful starter into historical fiction because it pulls you into the world and doesn't get caught up in too much description.

A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter


This is a must read for anyone who lives in Indiana.  My mom used to work at the Limberlost Cabin and Gene Stratton-Porter has been one of my personal heros for her environmental work and not letting gender roles hinder her from her goals.  It's beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment